Snapchat owned by Facebook is one of the much popular messaging app and Snap Inc. has now made it more powerful and easy to use on Android devices which have increased the number of users on Snapchat.
Snapchat has so many features including easy messaging, filters, and now games to play with your friends. We have listed 30 Snapchat features and tricks which will help you take your Snap game at a different level.
Snapchat’s new Time Machine filter is similar to the Faceapp filter without accessing your personal photos or data. You can access the filter in simple steps which works on both front and rear camera.
- Open the app and tap on camera button.
- Look for Time Machine filter (icon mentioned in the video below)
- Drag right to older face look and turn left to younger age look.
Pin an emoji on a moving target:
You can pin any emoji on a moving target using simple steps given below:
- Record a video that focuses on a moving object.
- When you’re finished filming, tap the emoji icon at the top of the preview screen and select the one you want.
- Resize the emoji before you pin it.
- Tap and hold the emoji to drag it over the moving target (which should be frozen at this point).
- Hold it over the object for a moment.
- Snapchat will reload the video, and the emoji should follow along.
‘Photoshop’ your Snap with Tint Brush
Snapchat has a feature called Tint Brush that can help you change colors in your snap.
- Capture a Snap
- Tap the scissors icon then the paintbrush icon
- Choose your desired color
- Outline the object you’d like to recolor
- As soon as you lift your finger, the object should change color
Turn an emoji into a colorful filter
You can different color filter to your snap using an emoji and following these steps
- Choose an emoji with your desired color
- Move it toward a corner of your screen
- Increase its size and continue to shove it in the corner—the pixelated, semi-transparent edge will serve as the filter
Apply 3 filters in your single snap
Add a sepia filter, broadcast your location, and the current temperature all at the same time.
- Take a picture in the app as you would normally
- Swipe across the screen and choose your first filter
- Once you’ve landed on the one you want, hold your thumb anywhere on the screen to secure the first filter in place
- Now use your free hand to swipe through the other filters
- Once you’ve chosen your second filter, lift your thumb off the screen for a moment before tapping and holding it down again.
- Now you’re ready to start swiping and choose the third filter
Change the color of individual words and letters
You can add separate color to each character of your text using these simple steps.
- Type your caption and tap the T icon to get the largest size text
- Select one color you want to use from the color palette to start with
- Then tap any word in your text and click the select option to highlight the word
- Move the highlight over any word or letter you want to change the color of
- Choose the next color from the color palette
Edit stuff out of your Snaps with Magic Eraser
You can remove pieces of stuff from your snaps using Magic Eraser feature in Snapchat.
- Capture a Snap
- Tap the scissors icon
- Tap the multi-star button
- Trace the outline of the object you’d like to erase and it will disappear
Record video without holding down the capture button
This is one of the most useful features for most Snapchat users who like to add video snaps, you can use this feature by following these steps.
- Access Settings
- Select General
- Go to Accessibility
- Under the Interaction section, turn on the AssistiveTouch feature and a small icon will appear on the right side of your screen
- Tap Create New Gesture
- On the New Gesture page, hold your finger on the screen and let the blue bar at the bottom max out
- Tap Stop
- Save and name the gesture
- Open Snapchat and before you start recording a video tap the small icon
- Select Custom and a circle should appear on the screen
- Now simply tap the capture button and your custom gesture will take care of the rest
Switch between the front and rear camera while recording
When filming a video simply double-tap the screen to switch from selfie mode to point of view and you can use these function any time on the camera.
Change the name that your friends will see in chat
You can easily view a friend’s Snapchat details from within a chat. Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right-hand corner to get a quick look at your contact’s Snapchat score and Snapcode. You can also edit the contact’s name, block them or remove the conversation.
Decode and (change) those emoji in your friend list
Snapchat will probably never bring back best friends, but its friend emoji offer a fun look at how you interact with your contacts on Snapchat. Hidden in the app’s “additional services” menu within the settings, you can find everything you need to know about this feature.
Give your Snap a soundtrack
This one is a simple trick to add a specific soundtrack to your snap you can use these simple steps.
- Open a music app on your phone
- Play the song you want
- Go back to Snapchat and start recording
Distort audio with Voice Filter or Record video without sound
If you’re worried about annoying unwanted sound in the background of your snap you can just simply mute the sound in the snap and you can also add voice filter in your snap using this new feature in Snapchat.
- Record a video Snap
- Tap the speaker button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen
- Choose the voice filter you’d like to add to your Snap
Add a Chat Shortcut
You can add widgets to open chat directly from your home screen in both iOS and Android.
- Go to your device’s home screen
- Swipe right to access your Today view
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit
- Find Snapchat in the list and tap the green + button next to it
- Apple will display your Best Friends’ Bitmoji in the widget—simply tap one to start a Chat
- Press and hold on an empty space on your home screen
- Tap Widgets
- Choose the Snapchat widget
- Decide whether to display one friend or an entire row of friends
- Place the widget wherever you want
- Bonus hack: you can actually resize the widget to give the Bitmoji some breathing room for activities
Find out if another user follows you back
With these simple steps, you can check whether a user follows you or not.
- In Snapchat, go to Add Friends
- Select Add by Username
- Type the person’s username
- Hold down on their username
- If you see their Snapchat score, that means they are following you back
Add links to Snaps
Snapchat’s critics often point to its lack of external links as a crime, but using this little-known feature user can add links to their Snap
- Capture a Snap
- Tap the paperclip icon
- Choose a link—it can be one that’s already saved to your clipboard, one you’ve sent before, or one you’ve pulled up using search
- Tap Attach to Snap when you’ve found the link you want to share
- Send your Snap—your audience only needs to swipe up to view the site in Snapchat’s internal browser