Samsung has announced the Galaxy Book S powered with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8cx processor at the Galaxy Unpacked event held in New York City on Wednesday.
Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 8cx is a 7-nm processor that is designed for PCs and the company says that this Galaxy Book will be 40% better performance, 80% greater graphics performance compared to the previous Galaxy Book 2.
The best feature of the new Galaxy Book is that it has no fan and the company says that it can last up to 23 hours of continuous video playback.
- Windows 10 Home
- 13.3-inch FHD TFT (16:9) with 10-point multi-touch screen
- 960 grams
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx, 7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.84 GHz + 1.8GHz)
- Memory 8GB RAM
- 256/512GB+ microSD slot (up to 1TB)
- 720p HD Camera
- 42Wh battery with up to 23 hours video playback
- USB Type-C, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
- Other features: Gigabit LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, fingerprint sensor, Light Sensor (Keyboard Backlit on/off), Dolby Atmos, Windows Hello support
It’ll be available in two shades, Earthy Gold and Mercury Gray starting at $999 this September.
Samsung also unveiled the new Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus at the Galaxy Unpacked event.