Facebook-owned WhatsApp is the most used messaging app in the world with the largest number of registered users in India.
WhatsApp offers a tonne of good features but the app still miss one of the most demanded feature of scheduled messaging that will be very helpful for many around the world in sending ‘Happy Birthday or any other wishes’.
There are multiple ways to send a schedule message on iOS and Android we have listed one of the easiest and comfortable methods to send schedule messages on WhatsApp.
How to schedule a WhatsApp message on Android using Third-party apps:
- Go to the Google Play Store > download and install SKEDit > open the app.
- Upon the first launch, you’ll have to sign up.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ve to tap WhatsApp on the main menu.
- On the next screen, you have to grant permission. Tap Enable Accessibility > SKEDit > toggle on Use service > Allow. Now, return to the app.
- You’ll now have to fill in the details. Add the recipient, enter your message, set the schedule date and time, and select if you wish to wish to repeat the scheduled message or not.
- Below, you’ll see one final toggle — Ask me before sending. Toggle it on > tap the tick icon > your message will now be scheduled. Whenever the day and time of your scheduled message arrives, you’ll receive a notification on your phone asking you to complete the action. Tap Send and you’ll see your scheduled message being sent in real-time.
- However, if you keep the Ask me before sending toggled off, in that case when you tap the tick icon, you’ll be asked to disable your phone’s screen lock.
- You’ll be also be asked to disable your phone’s battery optimization as well. Doing this, your scheduled message will be sent automatically, which means you won’t be asked to give any input on the phone, making the process instant.
But not having a screen lock affects your phone’s privacy, which is a huge drawback. This is why we won’t recommend scheduling WhatsApp messages this way.
How to schedule WhatsApp message in iPhone using Siri Shortcuts:
Unlike Android, there isn’t any third-party app available on iOS through which you can schedule WhatsApp messages. However, there’s another way to do this process on iPhone through Siri Shortcuts, an Apple app that will rely on automation to send your WhatsApp message at a scheduled time. Here’s what you need to do to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
- Open Shortcuts app on your iPhone or go to the App Store and download the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and open it.
- Select the Automation tab at the bottom.
- Tap the + icon in the top-right corner and tap on Create Personal Automation.
- On the next screen, tap Time of Day to schedule when to run your automation. In this case, select the dates and times when you want to schedule WhatsApp messages. Once that is done, tap Next.
- Tap Add Action and then in the search bar type Text and from the list of actions that appear select Text.
- After that, enter your message in the text field. This message is whatever you want to schedule, such as, ‘Happy birthday.’
- After you’re done entering your message, tap the + icon below the text field and in the search bar look for WhatsApp.
- From the list of actions that appear, select Send Message via WhatsApp. Choose the recipient and hit Next. Finally, on the next screen, tap Done.
- Now at the scheduled time, you’ll get a notification from the Shortcuts app. Tap the notification and it will open WhatsApp with your message pasted in the text field. All you have to do is hit Send.
You can also use the same method for sending a text message or a message on any other app by selecting the app you want.
On iOS you can schedule a WhatsApp message for up to a week which is kind of a bummer but still a good option for scheduling a WhatsApp message