Google has unveiled Stadia its own Cloud Gaming Service at the Game Developers Conference this morning in San Francisco. Google CEO Sundar Pichai introduced Stadia in a special keynote at the event.
Update: Google announced that the Google Stadia will be launched on November 19th.
What is Google Stadia?
Sundar Pichai called Stadia a gaming platform for everyone which will stream games from the cloud to all devices (Google Chrome, Chromecast and Pixel devices) involving both viewers and the creators together. Stadia will let users play games without the use of consoles to play high-end games.
Google launched the pilot program called Project Stream last year in the fall where Google streamed the Assassins Creed Odyssey and let users try the game in their internet browser at 1080p in 60fps.
Google will also launch a new Stadia Controller that will be used to play games in the streaming service. The controller looks similar to an Xbox and PS4 controller, but it works with the Stadia service but connecting directly through Wi-Fi and link the user into a game session to the cloud.
The controller also has a button to capture images and videos and share them directly to YouTube and another button to access the Google Assistant with the help of a microphone available in the controller.
Availability & Pricing
In the Stadia Connect held yesterday, the company announced that the Google Stadia will be launch in November this year and for starters will be available in US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Norway.
Google Stadia will offer 31 games from 21 different publishers including two Google Stadia exclusive (Bungie – Destiny 2 and Tequila Works – Gylt)
The Google Stadia offers a “Founder’s Edition” at a price of $129 for a hardware starter kit with three months of premium service, and $10 a month afterward. There’s a Google Stadia Free version coming in 2020.”
The Pre-Orders for “Founder Edition” is open now.
|Google Stadia Pro||Google Stadia Free|
|Price||$9.99 / month||Free|
|Resolution||Up to 4K||Up to 1080p|
|Frame Rate||60 FPS||60 FPS|
|Sound||5.1 surround sound||Stereo|
|Free Exclusive Games||Yes||No|
Google has partnered with AMD to develop a custom high-end GPU that the company says generates more than 10.7 teraflops which is more than the combined GPU output of Xbox One (6.0) and PS4 Pro (4.2).
Users will be able to access the game directly from the game video on YouTube as it will be the biggest source of users for Stadia when it will be available with the numbers Google provided at the event.
List of all Games coming on Google Stadia:
Available at launch:
- Bungie: Destiny 2: The Collection (included in Pro subscription tier)
- Drool: Thumper
- Gwen Frey: Kine
- Rockstar Games: Red Dead Redemption 2
- SNK: Samurai Shodown
- Square Enix: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
- Tequila Works: Gylt (Stadia exclusive)
- Ubisoft: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance 2020, Trials Rising
- Warner Bros.: Mortal Kombat 11
- Koei Tecmo Games: Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle
- 2K Games: NBA 2K20
- Giants Software: Farming Simulator 19
- Sega: Football Manager 2020
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV
- Codemasters: GRID
- Deep Silver: Metro Exodus
- Bethesda: Rage 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Coming in 2020:
- THQ: Darksiders Genesis
- 2K Games: Borderlands 3
- Ubisoft: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Release Dates to be declared:
- Bethesda: Doom Eternal (delayed till March), Doom 2016, The Elder Scrolls Online
- Capcom: TBD
- CD Projekt Red: Cyberpunk 2077
- Coatsink: Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
- DotEmu: Windjammers 2
- Electronic Arts: TBD
- Larian Studios: Baldur’s Gate 3
- nWay Games: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Robot Entertainment: Orcs Must Die 3!
- Square Enix: Marvel’s Avengers
- Superhot Team: Superhot Mind Control Delete
- THQ: Destroy All Humans
- Ubisoft: Gods and Monsters, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, The Crew 2, Watch Dogs Legion
However, Google says that this isn’t the final list of games as more games will be announced when the service will be launched on November 19th.